BFC sponsors the TU Trout in the Classroom program at Centarus High School in Lafayette, CO
Trout in the Classroom (TIC) is a conservation-oriented, environmental education program for elementary, middle, and high school students. Through the school year, K-12 students:
- Raise trout from eggs to fry;
- Monitor tank water quality;
- Engage in stream habitat study;
- Learn to appreciate water resources;
- Begin to foster a conservation ethic; and
- Grow to understand ecosystems.
At the end of the past school year, the fish were released in Waneka Lake in Lafayette.
2012/2013 is the third year of our project with Craig Weinhold, science teacher at Centarus. For more information: